Last second goal keeps Pot Holes winless.
A shorthanded goal with 3:05 left tied
the game at 5-5, but a snipe of a shot by Gavin Danaher with 4
seconds left gave the Cones the 6-5 win over the Pot Holes.
The count is now 3 games straight without a win, but the good news
is they allowed about half as many goals as they usually do.
It started off like all the other Pot Hole games, with the
opposition taking the early lead. Mark Wood and Todd Nichols had the
red team up 2-0 before Trevor could figure out who to blame.
And before you ask, regular goalie Bill Desimone was on assignment,
so sub goalie Tom Fuji was in. This may not be a goalie issue, but I
Joe Smith made a rare scoresheet appearance, as he got the Holes on
the board midway through the first to keep it close.
In the 2nd the Holes actually outscored the Cone, and at the end of
two it was 4-4.
"Something is not right here," noted Rick Armand. "We should have 9
goals by now, I should have 7 points, and Ted Kerrigan and Jimmy D.
should be getting regular shifts."
Nichols struck early in the 3rd and the red team was up 4-3. That
lead held up for about 15 minutes, and when Mike Saia got on the
scoresheet with a penalty, it looked like curtains for the Holes.
Tony Onello though showed everyone that he once was a top pick in
this league. He went in shorthanded and beat Rollie with 3:05 to
play to tie the game at 5-5. It gave the Holes some hope.
That hope evaporated with just four seconds left when Gavin Danaher
pinged one in from the top of the circle to give the Cones the 6-5
"Hey, I had another goal, I'm doing my part," said Speed Bratt.
Next week these teams go head to head again in the back end of the
home and home.
Hockeytown B; 20-Sep-2013 06:00 AM; 2013 Regular; BBHC
Cones (BBHC) 6 vs Pot Holes (BBHC) 5
1. Cones, Wood, Mark (Unassisted) 04:45
2. Cones, Nichols, Todd (Danaher, Gavin) 05:50
3. Pot Holes, Smith, Joe (Teal, Marc / Deskin, Pat) 10:41
Penalties - None.
4. Pot Holes, DeFellippis, Mark (Unassisted) 04:47
5. Pot Holes, Bratt, Eric (Unassisted) 05:30
6. Cones, Danaher, Gavin (DiGregorio, Jim / Kramer, Mark) 06:25
7. Cones, Kitchure, John (Whittemore, Jeff / Danaher, Gavin) 09:20
8. Pot Holes, Deskin, Pat (Hanson, Trevor) 15:23
Penalties - None.
9. Cones, Nichols, Todd (Kerrigan, Ted / Coughlin, Ed) 00:58
10. Pot Holes, Onello, Tony (Unassisted) 15:55 (sh)
11. Cones, Danaher, Gavin (Albano, Paul) 18:56 (gw)
Penalties - Saia, Mike - Pot Holes (Roughing-Minor) 14:03
Goal - Cones: Graham, Rollie; Pot Holes: Fuji, Tom
Power plays - Cones: 0-for-1; Pot Holes: 0-for-0
Officials: Adam and Vin